· To promote the development of talented referees.
· To provide a clear pathway for officials to elite football.
· To accelerate the performance and development of promising officials.
· Physical – participants will receive a physical preparation program to ensure superior levels of fitness for the Academy
· Mental – participants will receive coaching on methods of mental preparation and skills to deal with the psychological pressures during the match.
· Technical – participants will have their knowledge of LotG constantly tested, reviewed, challenged and enhanced. They will also receive coaching and practical application of key techniques for referees and assistant referees.
· Tactical – participants to gain knowledge of the tactical side of the players and the game, so that they understand the match temperature and have a feeling for the game.
· Managerial – participants will revive intensive coaching on management skills to enhance match control and professionalism.
· Lifestyle – Participants will be reminded that advancement in officiating is about achieving balance in all aspects of life. It is about setting priorities.
· Participants will receive coaching / assessment reports during the season.
· Participants will complete self-assessment reports on all senior and youth games as a referee, as well as all AR roles from Federation and above.
· Attendance at the Federation Camp – for intensive coaching on fitness, skills, techniques, & game understanding.
· Participants will have first options to attend any special events e.g. Super 8
· To get the participants ready for NZF RDA2 , ASB NWL and/or NYL
· Have expressed the desire and show the potential to develop into a high level match official.
· Are at or near NZF RDA2, RDA3, and ASB NWL or ASB NYL level.
· NZ RDA nominees are expected to attend.
· Develop their skills and performance as both a referee and assistant referee.
· Agree to attend the Federation Camp and Pre-season Workshop / Coaching.
· To attend and complete a NZF Junior/Youth Level 1 coaching course.
· Work towards and maintain a high level of personal fitness.
· To provide RDO with short/medium/long term goals.
· Complete all administrative duties in a timely manner.
· Display a high level of personal integrity and professionalism.
· Understand the importance of self-motivation.
For more information or to sign up to the Refereeing Academy contact David Lawrie